Sunday, December 12, 2010

Moi

Moi

I love the scent or oranges,
impending rain on a spring day,
and fresh baked cookies.
It always brings me back home.

I'm irrational,
sentimental,
and keep cards from my childhood.

I've fallen asleep to "A Warm Place" every night since I was sixteen, and "A Drowning,"
can bring me to my knees at the drop of a hat.

The feeling of rose petals on my lips makes me melt,
but I hide it well,
and I will never admit how bad my heels hurt.

I am uncontrollable,
disagreeable and completely
unpredictable...

and I offer no apologies for any of it.

2 comments:

  1. "The feeling of rose petals on my lips makes me melt,
    but I hide it well,
    and I will never admit how bad my heels hurt."

    love this part. fav..definately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEVER apologize for who you are!
    Relish in who you are are and LIVE!

    ReplyDelete