Thursday, February 3, 2011

Poet

Poet

Nothing is more dangerous than a hopeful optimist
with inner recklessness
who bends the senses to please their disconnects.
The grass gets always greener,
the mean girls even meaner,
but for us hopers, for us dreamers,
we all just end up being feiners.
Our civilization digresses,
the rest just progresses,
left empty, left breathless
empty shells of human messes.
By the time I taste the heels
of the hopers and the dreamers,
I'll be flat out of breath..
flat broke,
disposed of by the cleaners.
and maybe we'll always be running,
to find the place where the sun is sunning
I never stop. I'm always gunning
even an angel wearing tears is
always breathless, always stunning.


I try to steer clear of rhyming poetry because it tends to be seen as "beginner work." All I gotta say about that, is sometimes you gotta get back to your roots. Rhyme and Rhythm is where we all started, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Good job baby I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loves it. for some odd reason it reminds me of 'imiagine' by John Lennon. another very well done piece by Ms. Ashley. loves it and loves you!

    -renee

    ReplyDelete