Friday, October 30, 2009

First poetry piece to be posted to this blog. Timing could not be better.

Timeless

Words don't come so easy this time,
my dear, dear, friend.
A mouth once gifted with gab sits silent.
How can a person like me encompass your entire being,
with a few disheveled sentences.
What I needed, you embodied.
What I wished, you granted.
Those intrigues will never be lost in this,
this wasted time.
My skin crawls for what is lost,
in future generations,
and in myself.
The mistake of many, is the mistake of my own
I have taken for granted,
surrendered,
suffered those empty hands
the giving heart,
generous soul.
You will not only be mourned, or missed,
but forever defined
in this moment.
How could I be so selfish?
The books do not hold what you can
with your effortless grasp.
Timeless.
My fingers wrestle slowly
to hold to what is clearly amiss,
albeit lost in cause.
Forget you not.

*dedicated to Dwayne McCartney 1941-2009
Go in peace my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment