Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Middle Finger

DISCLAIMER- IF YOU ARE VERY DEVOUT IN YOUR FAITH, YOU MIGHT WANNA SKIP THIS ONE.

Ok
, let me start out by saying that I understand the "Bible Belt" is called that for a reason. I am guilty of complaining about religious influence in my own state (Utah) as well. When you live in a state that is ran by the book, and by the book I mean the Bible, it can make living your life within your rights completely impossible. Anyone living outside the majorities preconceived notion of how life should be will make you an outcast. The stigmas brought on by living in places like this is astounding, and aside from the times we are in...people still seem to passing down hatred to their children.


A friend sent me an article today, link below:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lesbian_prom_date

To sum it up for you, a lesbian was planning to attend prom with her girlfriend, and one or the other was going to wear a tuxedo. Sounds like a plan to me! So....this school is in Mississippi, and I will give you exactly one guess how the school and district responded to this...... HELL NO. At some point the ACLU got involved, informing both the school and district of the rights of the students and that they couldn't deny them to their right to attend the prom. How does the district respond to this? A well balanced mind would say, "Alright, they are within their rights, we will let them attend." However, this is not what took place. Instead the district decided to cancel the prom completely. To sweeten the pot, the Mayor AGREED with the district's decision.

I have one question.....What the fuck is wrong with you people? Who would go to such great lengths to ruin one of the most important milestones for many seniors, especially based on the choices of a single couple. So, now the district is basically saying that one bad apple ruins the bunch and is teaching the entire school that it should blame this poor lesbian couple for missing out on their most special night. Bravo.


I am completely in favor of freedom of religion. I think that people should believe whatever is right for them. If you believe a magical pink horse shat the world out in a day, good for you. However, taking it to the extreme of forcing it on people's way of life disgusts me, thoroughly. When it breeds hatred, death, war, and terrorism..... you are taking it too far.

In summation, believe whatever is right for you, but do NOT force those beliefs on another person or try to limit their lives in any way. For people who have such strong morals, you uber-faithfuls sure do the wrong thing a lot. Hate breeds hate. Stop the cycle.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! these are my sentiments exactly. These groups, they try to say that their religious freedoms are being threatened by allowing other people their own freedoms, I just honestly cannot fathom this thought process! Like you, I agree, they should have the right to believe what they want, it's one of the wonderful freedoms America has to offer. Unfortunately, these same groups go through great lengths to deny this same precious right to anybody who does not believe in what they do. My last point, that I also agree with you on, such blind faith does breed so my fear and hatred in this world, and does result in so many deaths. I just don't see how any God would be on board with it.

    ReplyDelete