Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Adventures into Psychosis

Exhibit C:

So last week I was sent on an....involuntary mental vacation. They kept calling it a vacation, but my idea of a "mental vacation" would include me, in the Marriot... swimsuit in one hand and a mimosa in the other..... not a 2 inch foam mattress, no shampoo, no shoes, in a room with a camera.

Now, the events that led up to this moment are really rather....moot, to say the least... the point is I was stuck in a very small enclosure in which I couldn't smoke, the food was....not even food, and everyone else was ten times crazier than me. Needless to say this was a little bit of an ego stroke realizing I was the most sane person in the room for a change!

Anyway... it was the most productive experience that I hated every single second of. I met some really interesting people, took a break from my stresses and got a much needed fresh perspective on things. I retain the idea that this could have been achieved another way.... i.e. said vacation above. Either way, that cigarette I smoked when I got out was almost symbolic. I FINALLY walked out the locked double doors, ripped the nicotine patch off my shoulder, and threw it to the ground with a vengeance. I lit that cigarette and gently took the first drag. To me... that moment is really a metaphor for what I gained... what I left behind and I have to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment