Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ten Wicked Short Stories in a Bar

..Fiction..

Part 1

He looked ashamed, and rightfully so. I stood from my chair, threw my fresh glass of wine in his face and screamed with as much voice and volume as I could muster, "You Asshole!" It hit me shortly after, that I had actually lived the scene in every good romantic comedy filmed since the 80's. I now understand why that scene is in every movie. There is a certain amount of accomplishment in ruining a new designer shirt with a cheap merlot. More so, when the shirt is on a jackass.

Feeling disconcerted but unashamed, I threw my purse over my right shoulder and made the most dramatic exit I would probably ever make in my life. As I turned to the door, I could even hear my own theme music. "Eye of the Tiger."

I must admit that it was hard for me to look back at the remaining patrons left in the bar. I am sure some of them may have felt that I overreacted. Especially the small Polish woman sitting behind 'asshat.' I'm pretty sure she got half of the glass of wine as well. I must say that when I did look back, it was almost as if some of them had just watched that movie scene mentioned earlier. Some of them looked shocked, the other half oddly proud...and some looked like they came into the story at the wrong moment.

I let the door slowly close behind me, and on that chapter of my life. She can have him. He sucked in bed anyway.


This is an Avant Garde Original, as seen in 'To Nowhere' and is not to be copied, all or in part, by any other person or entity.

No comments:

Post a Comment