Thursday, September 24, 2009

My "Warm Place"

What is it about fall that keeps me completely enthralled every year? From the intoxicating smell of a fall evening to crisp cool morning air I am completely mesmerized each and every time the season begins. The feeling I feel in the first couple weeks when it really feels like fall is only comparable to the fresh feeling you get when you first venture into a new relationship. Unfortunately the break-up between fall and I is always harsh and cold...

I love Halloween...I find myself looking forward to it every year. Watching each festive house transform into a haunted mansion, crafty house with cartoon pumpkins, or a classically decorative home with gourds and hay bales always brings me joy. I find myself always wandering down the Halloween aisle at every store, no matter how many times I have already seen it.

Aside from the rich shades of the trees down every road I pass bringing a nice sense of calm, the excitement of the bustle of fall can almost be overwhelming at times. It is the start of the busy season. Holidays, work, gatherings... all this and I still welcome the Autumn air with open arms, and feel like I cannot wait for the next day to begin. Although the weather is chilly, it is my warm place.

1 comment:

  1. You and me both girl! I big fat puffy heart fall! Its my happy place!

    ReplyDelete